Funding comes in the form of $2,000 USD for selected projects.
Two funding cycles:
Although applications are accepted year round, the next request for proposals ends on September 21st, 2017. Make sure to submit your project proposal around that time to receive feedback within the following few weeks.
There are two required steps to apply:
1. Fill out the online form on our Submit page. This alerts us to expect your application. Completing it is acknowledgement of agreement to our terms and conditions.
2. Send us your completed project proposal. In your choice of format. All submissions must be in English.
Here are the 8 questions that we need you to address in the project proposal:
1. What is my project? Giving it a title will help you narrow down to what you want to achieve.
2. What problem am I trying to solve? Is the problem local or global, or both?
3. What does my project mean for the future? Might it lead to new tools, concepts, and understandings?
4. What is new and different about my project? What sets it apart from similar solutions?
5. How does my project link to my bigger dream? How do I define my dream? What made me want to do this?
6. How much money do I need? How do I justify this amount? A budget spreadsheet and supporting justification are recommended.
7. What are the steps I would take after receiving my funding? Provide a general overview to help us see that you have a workable plan.
8. What is the way forward? Do I have a solid plan for getting to my dream if this project succeeds?
The format of the project proposal:
The Stardust-Startup Factory fully supports varied learning styles and creative abilities, so however you feel you can best convey what you want to do is acceptable. In other words, the format of the presentation is completely in your hands. The only limitation is that it must be sent digitally to us, whether it's through a document or movie. Here are some examples to get you thinking: